Thursday, February 10, 2011

Typical...

So what happens once I take some initiative and sign up at the gym? I get a cold. Let me tell you, I feel FABULOUS. I'm stuffed up and exhausted and just all around blah. I bought some DayQuil and chicken noodle soup tonight so hopefully those will make me feel better.

In better news... I did alright with my eating the last few days. I've been trying to count my WW points and trying to remember to write them down. My new favorite meal/snack is oatmeal. I found some sugar-free versions that aren't overly sweet and they're delicious, but I'm a little disappointed in the lack of variety. After reading quite a few of Chocolate-Covered Katie's posts, I decided to take matters into my own hands. My concoction isn't nearly as unprocessed and flavorful as her recipes are, but I figured it was a start! So here's my attempt at something delicious:

Banana Bread Oatmeal

1 packet of plain instant oatmeal
1 medium banana, diced
1 oz walnuts, chopped
1 packet Splenda

Prepare the instant oatmeal as directed on the package (or as you like it prepared... I always add a little more water than it asks for) and toss in the diced bananas as the oatmeal is absorbing the water. Once the water is mostly absorbed, toss in your diced walnuts. Ta-da! Just like banana bread. Since walnuts aren't naturally sweet like pecans (which I LOVE) I added a little Splenda for sweetness. That part is entirely optional.

So there you go... my foray into recipe making. I have some other delicious recipes, but none of which are healthyish. Perhaps I'll come up with some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment