Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Half Marathon

I had decided last night that I would be going to the gym today. I made sure I had my bag packed so I could head over there after work. While I was at work today, one of the ladies in management mentioned that there would be a bank-wide half marathon in early May. I've been looking for some motivation to keep up with the treadmill and running outside once it gets nicer, and I think I found it. I love to run. I love the feeling I get after I run. I'm beyond excited for it, even though I've never done a race before.

I don't think I'll be able to run the whole thing, but it'll be nice to see what I can accomplish. When I got to gym tonight all of the treadmills were taken, so I hopped on an elliptical. Wow... I haven't used one of those in awhile. I forgot how easy they were on your joints. I went an hour and five minutes straight without stopping because I had no pain. I went 4.7 miles and burned 474 calories. I feel extremely accomplished. I know that elliptical machines sorta overestimate the amount of calories you burn, but still. It's nice to see that instead of 100 calories on the treadmill. But yeah... an hour straight and almost 5 miles... let's see how sore I am tomorrow!

Today was also Girl Scout cookie delivery day... so after my workout, I felt like I deserved to eat three Samoas. Don't hate! They were worth it!

1 comment:

  1. AHHH! you're fabulous! keep it up girl :) I can't even be on there for an hour!! xoxo umm and JG tickets please/!

    ReplyDelete